Peabody Double Degree
One of the benefits to being a Hopkins student is the wider Hopkins network. One of our nearby campuses, the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University, offers a variety of opportunities for undergraduates, including:
- The Double Degree Program, which allows qualified students to earn simultaneously a Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Fine Arts from Peabody and a B.A. or B.S. from Johns Hopkins
- Cross-registration privileges for all students wishing to take music classes
- Access to high quality facilities and practice spaces
- Free and reduced concerts
Applying to the Double Degree Program
- Submit applications to both Johns Hopkins University (see JHU application requirements) and to the Peabody Institute (see Peabody application requirements). Please note that if you are interested in the Double Degree Program, you MUST submit separate applications to both programs. On both the Peabody and Homewood applications, you must answer ‘Yes’ when asked ‘Do you intend to apply to the Peabody/Homewood Double Degree Program’.
- Interested Double Degree students may apply via Early Decision (ED) to Johns Hopkins University and the Peabody Institute. Early Decision auditions for the Double Degree Program will take place in early December. Learn more about Early Decision auditions.
- All Double Degree applicants will receive three separate decisions: one from each school and the Double Degree notification. Both the Homewood Undergraduate Campus and the Peabody Institute will release Early Decision notifications by December 15 along with the Double Degree decision.