Finding your way
From your first visit to your first day
Every student takes a different path toward college, and this is especially true for first-generation students whose parents, guardians, or other custodial family members did not complete a four-year college degree.
Hopkins offers a series of resources and events to help students and families navigate the college search and application process.
Thinking about applying?
Use these resources to help you prepare your best application
- Learn more about our holistic approach to admissions, academics, and student life
- Sign up for a college search workshop to help guide your research and get to know the process
- Check out our application requirements and deadlines and make a plan
- Read about our standardized testing policy (Hopkins is test optional through the 2025-2026 application year)
- Estimate your college costs (this is different for every institution)
- Attend an interactive virtual essay workshop
- Read admitted student essays and why they worked on Essays That Worked
- Find insights from students, alumni, and admissions officers on Hopkins Insider