International students at Hopkins
As a global university with students from all over the world, we welcome international students into the Hopkins community from day one.
Hopkins is a place that values diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and beliefs and is invested in developing global perspectives. We’re here to connect international students with the resources they need to become active, engaged members of our community. And with over 400 student clubs and organizations to join, ranging from sports clubs to cultural and religious-based organizations, there are lots of opportunities to get involved.
Resources and quick links
- Explore our fast facts and FAQ sections.
- Learn about our most recent first-year class.
- Read about what makes the Hopkins experience unique.
- Find out more about our academic culture, including majors and minors.
- Get to know our hometown, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Meet current students on the Hopkins Insider site.
- Download our International Student brochure to keep deadlines, details, and resources handy.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Applying to Hopkins
- We accept the Coalition for College application and the Common Application.
- Learn about applying Early Decision to Hopkins.
- See Standardized Test Information for information about test scores, language tests, and more.
- Read information specific to Transfer Students.
- Visit Financial Aid for information about tuition, scholarships, and more.
- International students who are applying for financial aid must submit the International Student Certification of Finances form, which you will be able to find on your application portal.
- Students must apply for financial aid as a first-year applicant if they foresee needing any financial assistance throughout their four years at Hopkins.
- Get application essay writing tips at Essays That Worked, a collection of successful essays from Hopkins students with admissions committee comments.
We encourage students to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
International Virtual Summer Series
Join us for an International Virtual Event this summer that will help you learn more about the Hopkins experience, the admissions process, and international student financial aid. Each event will also include live Q&A time for you to get your questions answered by a member of our admissions committee. If the timing of these events doesn’t work with your schedule, please visit our virtual events page for more options.Browse Events
Financial Aid for International Students
What is the CSS Profile? And what do I need to submit to apply for financial aid? Admissions Officer Nick Igo breaks down the financial aid application process and explains how we ensure a Hopkins education is an affordable option regardless of a student’s income level.
The Hopkins network reaches beyond our Homewood campus to programs and partnerships around the globe.
Students in all majors seek opportunities to see the world, with dozens of departmental programs, partnerships with other universities, and Hopkins campuses in Nanjing, China, and Bologna, Italy.
On campus, students take advantage of resources like the Life Design Lab (formerly Career Center), Pre-Professional Advising Office, and Hopkins Office for Undergraduate Research (HOUR) to pursue research, find internships, and network with mentors and industry leaders.