Excel Youth Conference
A free one-day program for 9th-11th high school students and families from the Baltimore area.
We strive to ensure that all academically qualified students, regardless of family background, know that a world-class education at an institution like ours is within reach. This is especially true for the talented students right here in our own backyard.
At the Excel Youth Conference, you’ll get to interact with current Hopkins students and staff while learning about various topics—including the application process, college success, and financial aid. We’ll also cover ways that parents and guardians can support your educational journey.
What to expect
The Excel Youth Conference will focus on the following topics:
- Making the most of the college experience
- Financial planning and affordability
- Navigating the remainder of high school
- Articulating your academic and leadership skills, character and community impact in the admission selection evaluation process
- Academic programs and student life experience at Hopkins
Registration and breakfast – 8-8:45 a.m.
Welcome – 9 a.m.
Sessions – 9:45 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
Lunch – 12:30-1:15 p.m.
Optional Campus Tour – 1:30-2:30 p.m.
"The path to and through college is a confusing and sometimes daunting task. In our pursuit to enroll the most talented and diverse incoming class, we see it as a priority to help students unpack this process."—Calvin Wise, Director of Recruitment