By the Numbers
The numbers below provide a snapshot of our applicant pool; read more about our application process and holistic review here.
First-year Students (deadlines and requirements)
- Admission Selectivity (2016)
- Applicants: 27,094
- Admitted: 3,234
- Enrolled: 1,313
- Early Decision applicants: 1,927 (Learn more about Early Decision)
- Admitted Early Decision applicants: 585
- Admitted students in the top 10% of their class**: 93%
- Middle 50th percentile*:
- SAT Composite: 1480-1560 (new scale)
- ACT: 32-35
*The “middle 50th percentile” refers to the range within which the middle half of first-year applicants admitted for fall of 2016 scored.
**of schools that reported
With fluid academic boundaries, ample research and practical experience opportunities, and lots of support, our students are free to pursue the topics that mean the most to them. Learn more about the undergraduate experience at Hopkins.
- Programs of Study
- Majors: 52
- Minors: 47
- Enrolled undergraduates: 5,326
- Geographic origin: all 50 states, 58 nations
- Male/female ratio: 51%/49%
- Freshmen entering in fall 2014 returning for sophomore year: 97%
- Students with pre-professional experiences: 97%
- Student/Faculty ratio: 10:1
College should be about your experience, not just where you plan to end up. (Though that’s important, too—check out our Alumni Profiles for a look at what some Hopkins grads are up to.)
For the Class of 2015, six months after graduation*:
- Overall admit rate to medical schools: 79%
- Overall admit rate to law school: 92%
All enrollment figures current as of September 2016.
*According to the 2015 post-graduate survey.