Catching a glimpse at the bigger picture
Finding the right financial fit for your family starts as a conversation. Hopkins is committed to helping all students make their college decision without being limited by family financial circumstances. We’re dedicated to helping students and their families afford a Hopkins education—meeting 100% of calculated need and offering a broad range of grants, no-loan financial packages, and other support. This means we use your financial aid application to determine how much is reasonable for your family to pay, then pledge to provide aid for the remaining amount.
Average need-based grant for first-year students
of first-year students receive aid
of families with incomes <$200k receive Johns Hopkins Grants
How Hopkins families pay for college
Each year, our students receive over $100 million in grant money towards their Hopkins education.
Grants and scholarships—both institutional and from other sources—are just one of the many ways Hopkins supports our families. Find out more about Financial Aid options at Hopkins:
How to apply for aid
- Apply for aid: Find a full list of requirements and deadlines.
- Estimate your college costs: Calculate your estimated cost of attendance at Johns Hopkins.
- Grants and scholarships: See a list of need-based and merit-based aid opportunities.
- Baltimore Scholars: The Baltimore Scholars Program offers scholarships for eligible Baltimore City public high school students who are admitted to Johns Hopkins University.
- Clark Scholars: The Clark Scholars Program recognizes high-achieving students in the Whiting School of Engineering.
- Veterans’ benefits: Eligibility, registration, and contact information.