Hopkins Senior Visit Days are a chance for high school seniors to get a firsthand look into what it’s like to live and learn at Hopkins. You’ll have the opportunity to attend a First-Year Seminar class, get to know current students, sample Hopkins dining, and discover what makes our university unique.
Senior Visit Days take place on the following Mondays: October 9 and 16.
This event is at capacity for both Senior Visit Days. Registration is no longer available.
|8 a.m. Registration & Breakfast||Check in and start your day with breakfast.|
|9 a.m. Welcome & Student Performance||Enjoy a student performance followed by a welcome from our Dean of Undergraduate Admissions and the opportunity to learn more about Hopkins.|
|10 a.m. Guided Campus Tour||Get the most authentic look at what it’s like to live at Hopkins on this special campus tour with a current student.|
|11 a.m. First-Year Seminar or Lunch||Preview a First-Year Seminar class or enjoy a taste of Hopkins dining. Students will select one session to attend during this block.|
|12 p.m. First-Year Seminar or Lunch||Preview a First-Year Seminar class or enjoy a taste of Hopkins dining. Students will select one session to attend during this block.|
|1 p.m. Choose Your Own Adventure||Campus Resource Fair |
Explore the resources we have to support our students’ personal, professional, and academic growth.
Supporting the Whole Student: Mental Health and Well-Being Resources
College is just as much about personal development as it is academics. Learn how we support our students in a creative, balanced, and healthy lifestyle.
Hands-On Learning Panel: Research, Internships, and Study Abroad Experience
We encourage our students to test out pathways to build the future they want. Join our students to hear about how they find meaningful and fulfilling experiences in research, internships, and study abroad.
Financial Aid 101
We’ll dig into our 100% need met, no loan, and need-blind financial aid program, including financial aid eligibility, what it means for you, and how to apply.
Travel assistance will be available for each Senior Visit Day on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. It is intended for students who are considering Hopkins as their first choice and have not yet had the chance to visit campus or want to gain a deeper understanding of the student experience.
Students who are accepted into the travel assistance program will be provided transportation to Baltimore on Sunday afternoon/evening prior to the event and return home on Monday evening after the program.
- Hopkins will provide hotel accommodation for Sunday night. Per hotel policy, students are required to bring one parent, guardian, or other guest over the age of 21 with whom they can share a room.
- Hopkins will cover travel and overnight expenses for both the student and their guest.
- Hopkins will contact students directly and facilitate and book all travel. Students should NOT book travel on their own as we will be unable to reimburse them.
Space is limited for the program, and acceptance or non-acceptance is not an indicator of admissibility to Johns Hopkins University. Your application to Hopkins will not be negatively impacted if you are unable to attend the program. Students who are not granted travel assistance are still able to attend our Senior Visit Days and other on-campus programs.
The deadline to apply for travel assistance for either Senior Visit Day is Friday, September 1. Students will be able to rank their first choice and second choice dates and will be admitted into a specific date and notified via email.
Travel assistance is only provided for students within 50 states. Priority will be given to those who have financial limitations.
Applications for travel assistance are now closed.
How to Apply for Travel Assistance
Submit the following application materials:
- Submit your 9th through 11th year grades and a list of your senior year courses. We accept unofficial transcripts or a photo or screenshot of a recent report card or other grading document.
2. Short answer question
- A brief response about what you hope to gain from your visit to our Homewood campus.
3. Application form
- This form must be completed by Friday, September 1, to be considered for travel assistance to our Senior Visit Day program.
Students who are requesting travel assistance should ONLY fill out the travel assistance application. DO NOT register for the event. We will automatically register all students who are admitted into the travel assistance program.
4. Optional: SAT or ACT scores
- If you have taken a standardized test and would like to share those scores as part of your application, you are welcome to do so. Submitting test scores is not an advantage in our holistic application process, and students who do not submit test scores will not be at a disadvantage.
Travel Assistance FAQ
What does travel assistance cover?
Who is eligible to apply for travel assistance?
Can I apply for travel assistance if I am not planning to apply Early Decision?
Does attending this program increase my chances of admission to Hopkins?
If I am not granted travel assistance, can I still apply for admission to Hopkins?
Should I register for Senior Visit Day if I’m applying for travel assistance?
Will I be reimbursed for travel I’ve already booked?
important DAtes & deadlines
The deadline to apply for travel assistance for either Senior Visit Day is September 1. We expect to release all decisions for Senior Visit Day by mid-September and will notify you via email.