Preparing the next generation of engineering leaders.
We encourage our students to imagine what comes next—and then make it happen. Electrical and computer engineers provide the technologies that are central to our lives, from our computers and cell phones to GPS systems.
You’ll learn the fundamentals of electrical, computer and digital systems, data structures, and circuits, with an emphasis on the hands-on experiences you need to turn theory into practice.
CLASSES YOU MIGHT TAKE
Computational Modeling for Electrical and Computer Engineering
You’ll develop the skills of solving complex, real-world electrical and computer engineering problems using computational modeling tools.
ECE Ideation and Design Lab (First Year)
This is a project design course that builds on core knowledge relevant to Electrical & Computer Engineering with emphasis on multidisciplinary projects. All projects will be sponsored, have clearly defined objectives, and must yield a tangible result upon completion.
You’ll understand fundamental electronic concepts and rules, build and design a wide range of electronic devices, and conduct experiments using computer-controlled digital oscilloscopes, function generators, and power supplies.
PROF. MOUNYA ELHILALI
Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mounya Elhilali receives 2022 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI)
Mounya Elhilali is the principal investigator on a 2022 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI), “Learning to mine a soundscape.”Read More
Join the Club
Hopkins students are eager to pursue their interests outside the classroom. With 450+ student-led organizations, here are just a few you could join:
- Blue Jay Racing/Hopkins Baja
- Design, Build, Fly at Johns Hopkins University
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- Hopkins Robotics Club
- Johns Hopkins Association for Computing Machinery
- JHU Battlebots
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (oSTEM)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society) (TBP)
- Theta Tau (Professional Engineering Fraternity)
- The Triple Helix at Johns Hopkins University