JHU Summer Programs
Looking for an engaging way to spend your summer?
Qualified high school students can have the opportunity to take pre-college programs and undergraduate level courses during the summer through our Office of Summer and Intersession Programs. In addition to earning college credit, students experience life at Hopkins while living on campus and engaging in academic and social activities with their peers.
Applications for Summer Programs are now open! Deadline: May 31, 2019
Programs for pre-college students
Accomplish your goals, gain university credit, and discover your interests at pre-college campus events and activities.
This signature hands-on program highlights what makes Johns Hopkins great with fast-paced credit courses designed to expose you to topics from different perspectives.
Mini-Term offers over 100 freshman- and sophomore-level credit classes in the sciences, technology, and humanities—providing a glimpse into our interdisciplinary approach to academics.
The Johns Hopkins Summer Term Program offers qualified students the opportunity to take freshman- and sophomore-level credit classes in arts and sciences and engineering.
The Johns Hopkins EducationUSA Academy is a world-class immersion program for pre-college international students that offers essential academic proficiencies, cultural insights, and expert guidance on the college admissions process.
Summer Immersion is an intensive, one-week program full of courses focused on college preparation.
Other ways to stay engaged this summer
Add to your high school experiences! Spend time doing things you enjoy and watch your list of accomplishments grow.
Here are some ideas:
- Take a non-academic class like coding or theater
- Launch yourself deeper into a hobby
- Land a summer job in an area of interest
- Volunteer in the community
- Participate in an internship that will allow you to enhance a skill or allow you to explore something you want to learn more about
- Tackle that list of list of books you’ve always wanted to read and then plan discussions with your friends or join conversations happening through online communities
- Try something new—anything!
Visit Hopkins Insider to see what current Hopkins students do with their summers.
Please note: Acceptance to and/or participation in JHU Summer Programs or events is not an indicator of admissibility to Johns Hopkins University.