Johns Hopkins University has established reciprocal exchange agreements with universities throughout the world. Faculty and graduate students attending Hopkins under the terms of exchange agreements should contact their sponsoring department at Johns Hopkins. Undergraduates who wish to attend Hopkins under the terms of exchange agreements should complete the following steps:
Undergraduate Exchange Students
- Contact the Office of International Student Mobility at your home institution. All undergraduate exchange students must be nominated by their home institutions. Nominations to Hopkins must be made by the Office of International Student Mobility or the equivalent at your home university.
- Official nominations should be sent by your Office of International Student Mobility to the attention of the Director of Study Abroad at Johns Hopkins (contact information below). Your nomination should include the following:
- An official letter of nomination from your home university
- A brief statement of your interest in studying at Hopkins, the term and duration of your exchange, and the department in which you will take the majority of your academic courses.
- A list of courses and alternates you would like to take while at Johns Hopkins
- An official transcript from your home university
Upon receipt of your official nomination, the Office of Study Abroad will forward your request to the appropriate departments and faculty at Hopkins. If your nomination is confirmed, you will receive a packet of information from Johns Hopkins asking you to complete the Visiting Student Application and supplemental documentation for J-1 visa. In order to expedite your admission as a visiting exchange student, please return your complete Visiting Student Application and supplemental documents to the Office of Study Abroad. The Office of Study Abroad will coordinate your application with the Office of Admissions and the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Lori Citti, Director of Study Abroad, Levering Annex 04B, 3400 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD, 21218; Tel: +1-410-516-6760; Email: email@example.com
Both email fields are required.